Sheet metal fabrication is one of the major sections of the engineering industry. In almost all manufacturing plans, this process is used. Today, the sheet metal fabrication process is used in cars, kitchens, sinks, furniture, and whatnot. You must be wondering what sheet metal fabrication is. Here’s the answer to it. Sheet metal fabrication is a manufacturing process through which the flat and thin pieces of metal are turned into different shapes. This process involves several cutting, stamping, punching, and bending techniques. Types of equipment used are chop saws, cutting torches, welding equipment, and so on by sheet metal fabrication companies in Malaysia.
Types of tools used in Malaysia
Holes are made to transform the metal into different shapes. Knives used to make these holes are known as tools. The tools used by sheet metal fabrication companies in Malaysia are:
- Laser Beam: It makes holes or fuses thin metal sheets. There are two types of laser beams- Carbon Dioxide lasers and Fiber lasers. CO2 lasers are generally used to open and cut holes.
- Combined machines of Punch and Laser: This type of machine is used not just for cutting and shredding but also for eviction and tapping.
- Punching machine: These machines carry out punching activities, opening and cutting various shapes. This process is known as tooling.
- Bending machine: This type of machine is used for bending metal sheets. Another name of this machine is press brakes.
- Welding machine: The welding process involves joining metals. There are three types of welding- Fusing, pressuring, brazing, and soldering.
- Shearing machine: Shearing machines cut metal sheets in the desired shapes.
- General fabrication machine: Various fabrication machines fall under this category. For example, tapping machines for screw thread processes, electrical discharge machines for tool processes, and removing burrs from machines for after-processing work.
- Software: It offers the facility to promote the computerization of processes.
This industry uses a separate box of tools to transform metal sheets into desired shapes. It involves detailed processes, like cutting, forming, and joining metal sheets. After establishing Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) technology, it became easier to perform all the operations.
Sheet metal fabrication has immense importance in the engineering world. You just need the right machinery and technique to get the desired result. In this article, you have read about sheet metal fabrication and its tools used in Malaysia.