How many times has it happened that you are on a strict budget and craving something decadent and sweet? Quite more times than you can remember right?. Well, for all those times and more, this article has the perfect dessert recipe for you. It is super simple to whip up and can literally be made in seconds. To let the cat out of the bag, we are talking about none other than the HCG chocolate mousse. The rich creamy and melt in your mouth dessert has a recipe so simple and flexible. If followed down to the t, it gives the maker, a smooth chocolatey indulgence, and the best part is people can even customise the recipe to incorporate the flavors they like. They can add brewed coffee solution for a mocha taste, instant caramel for a bitter sweet flavor or just about anything else, who’s flavor they feel would compliment the chocolate.
The recipe for the mousse
Without further delay, let’s get into the recipe everyone has been waiting for.
- In a large bowl, take some heavy cream or whipping cream and beat it using an electric blender at high speed, until stiff peaks form
- In another pan, melt some dark chocolate, butter, cream and sugar, over heat, until a smooth and creamy texture is achieved. At this stage, add your coffee powder,(optional) for to elevate the flavor and give it an additional kick. Make sure to constantly keep stirring so that lumps do not form.
- Take the chocolate mixture of the heat, and mix it with the whipping cream, before it cools down. Do not blend at this stage and gently fold till all components are incorporated.
- Once the mixture is ready, you can either use a piping bag to set it in fancy glasses or cups of your choice or keep the pan as it is in the fridge to chill and set.
- Chill the prepared mousse for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, like chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, cut up fruit etc.
This was the recipe to create a classic HCG chocolate mousse. In mere 3-4 simple steps, you can prepare a rich and creamy dessert to fulfill your sweet tooth cravings. The best part is that it is a dessert even health conscious people can eat, guilt free. Just substitute heavy whipping cream for a low fat option and voila you have your chocolaty heaven ready.